Well, it’s time once again for Dragon*Con! To celebrate that fact, here’s some beautiful cosplay babes for you to enjoy. This way, even if like myself, you can’t attend the conference, you can still enjoy it.
Oh, and a PSA for those who will be attending: Cosplay Is Not Consent.
As this year’s Dragon*Con starts tomorrow and both my wives will be there working – transporting the celebrity guests to and from the airport and generally being their handlers while there – and in costume part of the time, here’s a simple PSA for you all…
(Click to Enlarge)
Let me reiterate and expand upon this message. No matter how sexy the babes’ costumes are – and many are and will be very sexy – it is not a indication of consent.
Yes! They have given consent to be looked at. Indeed, if you can exhibit some level of manners and discretion, looking is wanted and actively encouraged. In many cases, even a bit of ogling is desired – that is why they’re dressed that way and that is the sort of attention they’re seeking. And yes, they’ve tacitly consented to be photographed if and when and only if and when it doesn’t require they’re involvement in the process.
They have NOT, however, consented to any of the following behaviors:
- Being touched in any manner;
- Catcalled or otherwise verbally assaulted;
- Followed around, especially into elevators and such;
- Stopped to be photographed, either on their own or with you.
If you want to do any of the above – and some of that you shouldn’t want to do – ask politely, showing at least as much courtesy as you would show towards a woman not in costume. Play it cool and respectfully, gentlemen, and you might just be surprised at what these babes will consent to. Play it otherwise and you you might just be painfully shocked by what they, the other con goers, and convention security do by way of reprisal.
The Game Has Ended
I know that long-standing pop culture tradition states that scientists, academics, and other geeks and nerds don’t have sex very often. This is, however, simply untrue. These folks do it. They just each do it in their own respective ways…
- Astronomers do it in the dark
- Mathematicians do it in numbers
- Biologists do it in the field
- Chemists do it periodically on the table
- Geologists do it in folded beds
- Palaeontologists do it in the dirt
- Computer scientists do it bit by bit
- Electrical engineers do it until it hertz
- Physicists do it with force
- When seismologists do it, the Earth shakes
- Zoologists do it with animals
- Polymer chemists do it in chains
- Cosmologists do it with a bang
- Theorists do it on paper
- Geneticists do it in their genes
- Statisticians do it with 99% confidence
- Planetary scientists do it while gazing at Uranus
- Philosophers only think about doing it
- Quantum Physicists are uncertain about doing it but are sure it will cause multiple entanglements
On the bright side, scientists are generally against one night stands; they want repeatable results. On the dark side, they tend to talk about their sexual exploits and partners; it’s part of the peer review process. 😉
NOTE: For those not comfortable with equations, the square root of one plus tan squared C is equal to the square root of sec squared C which is equal to sec C (= sexy).