Sadly, the above ad is fake. I would have adored it if it was an actual whimsical – or mocking if you’re of the flat-toothed dietary persuasion – but, alas and alack, neither the advertisement nor Crompton’s Beef Farm are real.
It’s getting close to Halloween and, for those that celebrate it in a secular manner, it’s once again time to have to listen to people rail against and bemoan all the tasty, sweet treats that will be had that night. There’s a plethora of nasty people who have always ranted against trick or treating and candies.
When I was young the hate was rationalized as concerns about dental health and today it’s all about the “obesity epidemic” manufactured by the weight-loss and fashion industries and profiteered off of by certain politicians’ War on Food.
Happily and oh-so-tastily, Yandy has come up with a delicious way to replace Halloween candies with fruits and vegetables this holiday night.
Remember, you’re suppose to get four servings each of fruits and vegetables each day. Eat up! Also, this also looks like a good way to get some heart-healthy exercise. 😆
There’s a whole lot of flak about Genetically Modified (GMO) crops. All sorts of evils have been ascribed to them by various sorts who hate technology and/or the corporations who create them, mostly the latter.
The thing is that they’re complaining about all the wrong things!
It’s Sustainable And Filling, A True Stuffing Pepper
Gentlemen, these sorts of “stuffing peppers” need to be eradicated post haste before we slide even further into irrelevancy. 😯
Roasted beets with herbs and feta cheese make a wonderful vegetable side dish for many meals. Try the recipe sometime when you encounter fresh beets at the market.
- 6 beets (approx 1.5 lb)
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the thyme, chives, and olive oil, reserve
- Peel beets under running water and wrap them individually in foil
- Roast beets in oven until tender when pierced with a fork, approx. 1 hour
- Remove beets from oven, unwrap, and quarter them
- Place beets in serving bowl and drizzle them with herb and oil mixture
- Add crumbled feta cheese and pepper
I particularly like this served with roasted lamb or medallions of beef tenderloin, but it pairs wonderfully with a variety of main dishes.