Intersectionality is a big thing to many interest groups seeking special privileges and protections. It is most important to the modern Feminists, which is unsurprising since the modern interpretation of this sociopolitical shibboleth was concocted byÂ KimberlÃ© Crenshaw, Black Feminist.
- The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, disability, sexuality, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage
- A term used in feminist discourse to mean “I may drag all my issues into every discussion”
- A means by which special interest agendists can attempt to broaden the power base.
- A way for White agendists to claim oppression without feeling like their detracting from the oppression they’ve assigned to Blacks.
- A methodology of making any issue too complex to be resolved, thus keeping academic theorists in a job
Of course, while very important to these groups, intersectionality does cause them both internal and external conflict. This results in the inevitable rounds of Whitesplaining, Bourgesplaining, and other types of -Splaining to avoid the label of racism or racial insensitivity.
See the issue above? The intersectionality of the idiotic Free The Nipple pseudo-movement of the Feminists and the lie-based meme of Hands Up, Don’t Shoot of Blacks, is bound to cause conflict within those respective groups of self-professed victims. 😉
Tags: Babes | Blacks | Feminism | Feminists | Free The Nipple | Hands Up Don't Shoot | Humor | Intersectionality | KimberlÃ© Crenshaw | Politics | Racial Activism | Racial Politics | Sarcasm | Society | Underboobs