Sometimes it seems quite strange the way that the US conducts it’s affairs with other nations, especially with the Middle East and other Islamic states. Our policies have a strange mixture of friendship and belligerence, always overlayed with our near unconditional and total support for Israel. It sometimes seems as if the United States is the agent of Israel’s foreign policy instead of it’s own policies.
The odd behavior of the US in regards to Israel and its Arab and Persian neighbors makes a great deal more sense when one learns that a large number of very important people either in the US government or advising the US government hold dual Israeli-American citizenship!
The follow is a list of key US officials who hold Israeli citizenship in addition to American citizenship:
- Attorney General – Michael Mukasey
- Head of Homeland Security – Michael Chertoff
- Chairman Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Richard Perle
- Deputy Defense Secretary (Former) – Paul Wolfowitz
- Under Secretary of Defense – Douglas Feith
- National Security Council Advisor – Elliott Abrams
- Vice President Dick Cheney’s Chief of Staff (Former) – “Scooter” Libby
- White House Deputy Chief of Staff – Joshua Bolten
- Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs – Marc Grossman
- Director of Policy Planning at the State Department – Richard Haass
- U.S. Trade Representative (Cabinet-level Position) – Robert Zoellick
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – James Schlesinger
- UN Representative (Former) – John Bolton
- Under Secretary for Arms Control – David Wurmser
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Eliot Cohen
- Senior Advisor to the President – Steve Goldsmith
- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary – Christopher Gersten
- Assistant Secretary of State – Lincoln Bloomfield
- Deputy Assistant to the President – Jay Lefkowitz
- White House Political Director – Ken Melman
- National Security Study Group – Edward Luttwak
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Kenneth Adelman
- Defense Intelligence Agency Analyst (Former) – Lawrence Franklin
- National Security Council Advisor – Robert Satloff
- President Export-Import Bank U.S. – Mel Sembler
- Deputy Assistant Secretary, Administration for Children and Families – Christopher Gersten
- Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Public Affairs – Mark Weinberger
- White House Speechwriter – David Frum
- White House Spokesman (Former) – Ari Fleischer
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Henry Kissinger
- Deputy Secretary of Commerce – Samuel Bodman
- Under Secretary of State for Management – Bonnie Cohen
- Director of Foreign Service Institute – Ruth Davis
I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with the quite trivial fact that these people are Jewish. I don’t even have a problem with the idea that some people in America are both citizens of the US and citizens of another nation. That has been determined by the US Supreme Court to be legal and constitutional. I do, however, have grave concerns over anyone holding high office in one nation while holding citizenship in another nation.
Where do these people’s loyalties lay? To which nation do they hold allegiance, America or Israel? What is good for Israel is not necessarily – or even probably – good for America. When conflicts arise, which one of these people’s divided loyalties takes precedence?
My concern is that America has become the strong arm of Israel’s foreign policy instead of our own.