The Holy Stimulus
Obama and his Democrats’ Stimulus bill is a pork-laden atrocity of truly biblical proportion. If you spent $1,000,000 USD every day since the birth of Christ, you still wouldn’t spend an amount equal to the – currently – $819 Billion price tag they want to ask our descendants to pay.
There’s actually been a bit of discussion on this topic recently. Allow me – and my geekishly math- and history-ridden mind to break it down for you. Senate Republican minority leader Mitch McConnell started it with:
Just to put a trillion dollars in context, if you started spending the day that Jesus was born and you spend a million dollars every single day, you still wouldn’t have spent a trillion dollars. This is a lot of money.
Since then various people have been posting what the actual expenditures would total if one had the capability of doing this. They’ve been mostly using the formula of 365 (days) x 2009 (years) x $1,000,000 (dollars), which yields a figure of $733,285,000,000 – well short of either $1 Trillion or the currently estimated $819 Billion the Democrats want to spend (waste).
Those people are wrong though. They’ve forgotten to take several things into account
- The mortal birth of Jesus Christ aka Jesus of Nazareth aka Yeshua ben Yosef aka Isa occurred in either 0 CE, 4 BCE, or 7 BCE depending on which scholars you listen to.
- 10 days were lost when we switched from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian calendar.
- The calendar years averages out to 365.25 days per year; they’re forgetting Leap years.
So the set of formulas is and their results are:
- (365.25 x 2009) – 10 x 1,000,000 which equals $733,275,000,000
- (365.25 x 2011) – 10 x 1,000,000 which equals $734,507,750,000
- (365.25 x 2014) – 10 x 1,000,000 which equals $735,603,500,000
As you can see, all the possible results from the set differ from the $733,285,000,000 cited by many people on the internet. Of course all are also far less than the what the Liberals want to spend on their Holy Grail of spnding bills, so I guess it doesn’t really matter that in the long run.
Note: My formula and figures aren’t completely accurate either. I didn’t have the right sort calendaring tool available to determine if there were any extra leap years based on each possible birth year for the Christians’ Messiah. I also don’t have a proven birtdate for Him, so these numbers are – much like everyone else’s I’ve seen – based on whole years as opposed to a more accurate reckoning of the time involved.
Tags: Democrats | Economy | History | Humor | Liberals | Obama | Politics