America’s domestic enemies, the Liberals and Progressives, love to rant about McCarthyism – except, of course, when it used to further their own agendas. Then they’re all for it.
Nowhere’s is the more true – except for possibly “race relations” – than when it comes to Global Warming, specifically civilization’s causation of it. Once that’s involved, witch hunts are A-OK.
Late last month three Democrats on the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, without any authorization by said committee -Â sought to achieve a “Chilling Effect” on dissent with Climate Change Orthodoxy by demanding that 107 groups surrender 10 years of their respective detailed funding source data.
For the last ten years, please provide the following:
- List of funded research efforts (including but not limited to grants, fellowships, scholarships, consulting contracts, contracts, honoraria, and speaking events) on or related to climate, climate change, global warming, environmental issues, air quality, atmospheric or oceanic topics, greenhouse gas emissions, associated impacts of greenhouse gas emissions, carbon dioxide, methane, aerosols, solar radiation, vulnerable animal species or ecosystems, geology, paleoclimatology, meteorology, astrophysics, or heliophysics.
- For each payment made to individuals and/or organizations associated with the funded research efforts listed above, please provide the following information:
- Name of recipient;
- Institutional affiliation;
- Payment amount and duration of the term of the funded research effort;
- Reason for payment;
- Copy of the grant and/or contract, including any terms containing restrictions related to the disclosure of the source of the payments; and
- Deliverables submitted as part of the funded research effort, including any publications, or written materials.
The demand by these Democrats can only be seen as a McCarthy-esque assault on organizations that they see as promoting â€œglobal warmingâ€ skepticism through funding research that might contradict the Warmists claims apocalyptic claims.