This is a great spring and summer salad that can also be used as relish with summer meat and fish dishes.
- 6 - 8 ears of sweet corn
- 4 - 6 mild to medium chilies (Anaheim, red, orange or yellow bells, banana peppers, etc...)
- 1 bunch of scallions
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small basket of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs to taste (sage, oregano, cilantro, dill, thyme, etc...)
- Shuck the corn and cut the kernels from the cob
- In a large bowl (glass, ceramic or stainless steel preferred) combine all the ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Allow salad to sit for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Adjust seasoning to taste
- Serve sprinkled with the tomatoes
In a sealed container this salad will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. Enjoy!